Notice Ref. No. ZETDC/EOI-AKTP 007/01/2019
This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business No AfDB61-01/17.
The Government of The Republic of Zimbabwe has received Grant funding from the African Development Bank (AfDB) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant to eligible payments under the contract for the development of a Project Implementation Manual for the 132kV Alaska-Karoi Power Transmission Rehabilitation Project (AKTP).
The Project Implementation manual shall include the following topics:
- Project Objectives
- Overall Project Objectives
- Project Beneficiaries
- Benefits of the project
- Detailed project description
- Detailed Project Components Description
- Project cost and financing plan
- Project Work plans
- Institutional Arrangements
- Project Co-ordination
- Role of other organisations and project participants
- Role of the African Development Bank during implementation
- Quality Control
- Monitoring and Reporting arrangements
- Format of summary sheet for Progress reports
- Procurement management and planning
- Financial management
- Training and technical assistance
- Process for disbursement requests
- Disbursement schedules
The assignment has the following expected deliverables:
Inception Report: The consultant is required to submit for approval by ZETDC an inception report detailing the schedule or work plan for delivery of project deliverables with detailed information of documentation to be reviewed and planned stakeholder engagements. The inception report should be a maximum of 10 pages and should be submitted one week after commencement of the contract.
Draft Implementation Manual: The consultant is required to deliver a draft implementation manual in English approximately four weeks from the beginning of the contract. The draft report will be revised by ZETDC before submission to the Bank for comments.
Final Implementation Manual: The consultant is required to deliver a final report including comments from ZETDC and the Bank two weeks after receipt of comments and present the final report to the Project Steering Committee.
The Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission and Distribution Company (ZETDC) invites Individual Consultants to submit their Resumes, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, a written technical proposal (maximum 2 pages) and a financial proposal. The Individual Consultant’s experience and qualifications should meet, at a minimum, the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree in one of the following relevant infrastructure development discipline (Electrical or Civil Engineering; Energy Economist or Financial Management).
- A minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience in the energy sector. including large capital project development and implementation work experience with development finance institutions (DFIs).
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written) with proven report writing skills.
- Work experience in the SADC region.
- Strong competence in development partner policies and procedures pertaining to procurement, disbursement and environmental and social safeguards.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s ‘Procurement Policy and Methodology for Bank Group Funded Operations (BPM)’, dated October 2015 which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
The proposals to be submitted by the consultants will be evaluated on the basis of the following technical criteria:
|a||Appropriate skills and qualifications (academic record and general work experience)||20 points|
|b||Quality of the proposed approach for the assignment||20 points|
|c||Experience in the energy sector and specific assignment to be undertaken||25 points|
|d||Experience working with DFIs in the SADC region||25 points|
|e||Communication skills in English||10 points|
Only Individual Consultants scoring a mark of 75 points or more will be considered for the assignment. The Consultant scoring the highest will be selected provided that the financial offer is within the limits of the available budget.
Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM local time.
The information is also available at https://www.devbusiness.com/ProjectViewer.aspx?ProjectType=1&ProjectID=184056
The proposals should be delivered as hard copies or electronically to the addresses below on or before 30 April 2019 at 10:00am (CAT-GMT +2, Harare).
Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission and Distribution Company (ZETDC)
Attn: Procurement Manager (ZETDC)
ZETDC Electricity Centre Building 2nd Floor
25 Samora Machel Avenue
Tele. No. : +2634774508-35