ZIMBABWE ELECTRICITY TRANSIMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION COMPANY
Dear Valued Client
SUBJECT: ELECTRICITY SAFETY ALERT
In a concerted effort to prevent electrocutions, we are appealing to you, our valued clients to share with all members of the public the safety precautions and information on the dangers of electricity, in order to achieve an electricity accident free community. Electricity can be dangerous and fatal if not handled properly. We can minimise electrical accidents and save the loss of life of our beloved ones, property and livestock if we educate them on the following basic safety precautions:
- Do not allow children to play with or near electricity infrastructure, children are usually attracted to fallen or hanging wires and are therefore at high risk of being electrocuted.
- Do not touch any fallen or dangling cables; report them immediately to your nearest ZETDC Office or the police station.
- Ensure that your fowl run electricity wiring is inspected by ZETDC before use to prevent the risk of electrocution.
- Don’t touch or attempt to jump fallen electricity power lines.
- Don’t carry tall objects like irrigation pipes in a vertical position but horizontal where there is overhead conductor to avoid contact with the conductor.
- Do not build houses, cattle pens or kraals under ZETDC overhead lines.
- Do not cut trees near electricity lines without ZETDC supervision.
- Before undertaking any digging or excavation check with your nearest ZETDC office for any possible underground electric cables.
9 Treat all electricity cables as live all times to avoid electrocution.
10 Wherever you see dangerous or illegal connection be it in your house or anywhere, please report it immediately to the nearest ZETDC Office or Police Station.
Eng. K. F. Dube
GENERAL MANAGER (SOUTHERN REGION)